Suicide Blonde

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Happy HNT! Careful with the Piano!!!



I made a comment on someone's blog the other day, I think it was Fronty's, about life having its ups and downs. That is a big understatement. I often wonder, and it's an important theme that takes up a lot of my "hmmmm?" moments, whether there are people in the world that actually have a shred of stability in their lives to the point that they can more or less figure out what is coming down the pike, or what is around the corner, or what piano is going to fall out of which building on their heads. Yes, this occupies a lot of my so-called thinking time.

For me, personally, the very instant that I start to feel that everything is more or less "normal" or "under control" (the very words give me chills), something happens to completely prove me wrong, and usually in the area where I would least expect crap to happen. An example: My youngest son got into a car crash last year on the 4th of July, he totalled his car and luckily he got away with only a concussion and two parents that changed from being loving and concerned while he was in the hospital to satanic dogs from hell once we knew he was ok. A week after he came home from the hospital, he borrowed his brother's car and messed up something or other on it because he went over a curb while switching CD's on the stereo (or something to that effect). His father and I told him he would have to take the bus for a while because we were kind of out of spare cars for him to destroy. About two weeks after he had been riding the bus or whining to friends to give him a ride, he asked to borrow my cute '93 jeep that I adore and that is my only MOT. I have even thought that if the engine dies, I will hitch a pony to it because I don't ever want to buy another car. Love my jeep. Have taken care of it for 14 years. It has original everything, except paint and canvas top. It's my BABY, ok? I lent it to him, thinking to myself "This guy (meaning my son) has f*cked up several cars. He has learned his lesson, I think now he will be responsible and careful while he drives." Yes, big mistake in thinking that. I lent him my car and like 2 hours later I get the call "Mom, I know you're gonna be mad, but don't scream..." He crushed in my right fender while backing out of a parking space (supposedly, I obviously don't believe him). I went apeshit, to say the least.

Another example: I have never EVER had anyone say to me "I met the man/woman of my dreams, we are so happy, we are in love, blah blah blah!!!" that the relationship lasted any more than a few months or days or even hours. This has made me so superstitious that if I ever start dating anyone that I really like and get along with well, I can't mention it because that person will sprout horns and cloven hoofs and will be gone in a cloud of dust before I can say "HUH??" This puts me in a really strange position in case I really like a guy. If the guy says to me "I really like/love you" I can only smile stupidly while trying to ward off the evil that is sure to ensue. I admit that not saying anything or trying not to even think in the possibility of a great relationship has not always helped as a couple guys have sported the horn/hooves combo anyway and trotted away, even thought I kept silent and didn't tempt the gods.

But my point is (I am NOT going to use the phrase "But I digress," if I hear it one more time I will hurl), that at least for me the last thing I expect is what usually happens. Please don't tell me then that I must figure out what it is that I would least expect and try to anticipate it because that won't work, I have tried it. For me, things always come out of the blind side. There is never a preview or a warning or a sign or anything. The piano usually just comes right down.

One some, luckily very few, days I have several up and down moments, enough to MAKE a person bi-polar or schizoid or manic-depressive. Several things will happen that will have me like a yo-yo, either tearing my hair out or giggling happily a few minutes later. Is this normal? Do I need medication?

In the words of Rod (Yes, I think you're sexy) Stewart: "Think of me and try not to laugh..."

14 Comments:

At 6/08/2006 11:54 AM, Blogger tom909 said...

Carmy, do you want a serious answer to this cos I can give you one? Delete if inappropriate.

At risk of using a cliche which will make you hurl, that's life. Are you ready/heard it all before/bored shitless by this philosophy stuff.

Everything in this world is in a constant state of change and no matter where you go in this world that will be the way it is. For example, even if you go and hide away in a really quiet place it will still eventually be the same for you, because you will get used to your circumstances, and what would once have seemed like next to nothing to you, will now seem huge. It's all relative. If you live in NY then you are used to busy busy busy, but go to the country and for a while it will seem quiet. But you'll soon get used to it and then it will have the same effect on you as NY.
So, you can't change the world, all you can do is change yourself. Obviously a big part of yourself is the world anyway so it behaves in the same way. But thankfully there is part of everything that never changes - that's where we want to be. It's the stillness amongst the chaos. The chaos you can't control, but you can find the stillness.
This is not religion - this is beyond that - this is fact.

Now, as to the bloke problem - the philosophy is pretty much the same thing. You can't get it right all the time so don't even try. Let it take it's course. On the practical side if I was really going to be gross about it, I'd say most blokes don't like needy women and most blokes will do anything for a shag, - God I hate saying it but that's got to be your trump card.

 
At 6/08/2006 4:31 PM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

Tom,

I tried answering your comment this morning but Blogger was down.

Just so you know, not all cliches make me hurl just that "but I digress" one! And others that are just so uppity and intellectual-sounding. "That's life" is acceptable and non-hurlable.

You are right that this is life, and most of this instability is perceptual as even the piano falling on my head may be. I don't want to change the world but it would be nice if we would get a little warning of the difficult things to come (as in "Get ready, your child support check is bouncing sky-high next week and you will get TEN $25 returned check charges for all the bounced checks you wrote"). I know that's asking way too much.

The bloke thing: As if I didn't know that you cloven-footed blokes are just after a shag and maybe a hot cooked meal? Big surprise!

But seriously, thank you for the thoughtful comments. I always appreciate them.

 
At 6/08/2006 10:22 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I have said but I digress before, definitely with blogging.

On another note, I have learned in life, to never say never.

 
At 6/09/2006 12:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Never say never

So very true. I learned a long time ago that men are pigs. Of course not the ones that are our friends on here, they're the good ones.

I believe that when we look at others, and their lives seem to be in perfect control, that we aren't seeing the entire picture. Life is in a constant state of flux. Change is inevitable. I suppose we should always be prepared for the worst, then we won't ever be surprised by the bad stuff, eh?

 
At 6/09/2006 4:34 AM, Blogger tom909 said...

Carmy - I so nearly pulled my comment for a few reasons but mainly because I can't believe I tried to tell a 52 year old lady about the nature of men. And Pammy, how can you say men are pigs. That's just what we are like. It's not all bad - you like the attention dontcha.

 
At 6/09/2006 10:05 AM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

"Never say never" ::looking around superstitiously ::

Janet: YOU are allowed to say "but I digress" as many times as you want, I love your blog!

Pammy: Men are pigs except our horned friends from here, they are just pigLETS.

Tom: At least I got a confession from a man that all they really want is a shag. Us girls, we know that, but it's good to have it confirmed. So, wait, does that mean that you really don't "love" us? And that it's a lie that you have "never felt this way before?" OMG!!!

 
At 6/09/2006 2:43 PM, Blogger tom909 said...

You are going to get the odd bloke who says he's never felt this way before and means it. But I'd steer clear of him if I were you - that's just dreaming.
And as for saying 'I love you', don't forget it only counts if they're not trying to get their way.

 
At 6/09/2006 4:28 PM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

Thanks, Tom. I'll keep that in mind! Have a great weekend.

 
At 6/12/2006 9:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Tom, the attention is wonderful at times. Other times, (as in being stalked for years by an obsessed man who even sends you his wedding announcement with a letter inside saying he wishes he was marrying you instead) it's not so much fun.

However, you can shower me with all the attention you can spare. :grin:

Carmenzta, I just read how you became a blond. How horrible that it had to happen that way, but I'm glad you're loving the blond now.

 
At 6/12/2006 9:46 AM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

Pamela,

I learned that I couldn't fight everything that happened to me so I got used to it! But that's not the craziest beauty salon story I have, believe it or not. That's why now I cut my own hair, color it, etc.

The stalker: You kidding me? That must have been scary.

 
At 6/14/2006 6:56 AM, Blogger tom909 said...

Pammy. my experience is that stalkers are the price you pay for being beautiful. Does that mean you're really hot.

 
At 6/15/2006 8:22 AM, Blogger Mark Gamon said...

I was going to join in with Carmentza's originl post, butthe comments have gone so awry I'm no longer sure what I was going to be talking about.

Oink, oink.

 
At 6/15/2006 9:39 AM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

Tom: Can't you tell by Pam's picture that she's hot?

Mark: That you are no longer sure what you were going to talk about is no reason to not comment, is it?

 
At 6/15/2006 11:17 AM, Blogger tom909 said...

That ten days away has left Mark a little off the pace. He'll get back to match fitness soon enough though.
And Carmy, for God's sake, that's not Pammy in that photo - surely that's just to pull us poor little suckers into her web.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home