Suicide Blonde

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Miscellaneous

I can't seem to focus these days...My mind is going off into tangents all the time and so the title of my blog and the following ramblings.

Critter news: I am the proud co-mother of two baby pigeons! My office is on the fourth floor and we have a balcony where my friend and I sneak off to for "sanity time." It is full of pigeons. About a month or so ago we noticed some hot sexual activity going on in the pigeon community and a bit later on we observed how a couple of these formerly copulating feathered friends made a little nest of twigs and dead leaves on the balcony. A few days after that we saw the female sitting on two tiny white eggs. We started leaving bread crumbs out for her on the balcony. First one chick hatched and then the other. They were ugly, tiny, hungry little things. We have watched as they have grown almost to their mother's size. They are still ugly but cute. And they are still flapping wings constantly so their mother feeds them. Yep, kids are the same in every species.

Oops: Yesterday I called in "sick." I have a bunch of sick days since I hardly ever get sick (shouldn't have said that considering my superstitious nature). Instead of being sick I went off to the beach with my boyfriend. Hello??? I forgot that usually one acquires a tan or a sunburn at the beach. This morning I frantically searched for a good excuse or reason why, if I had been "sick" the day before, I would today be sporting a fabulous bronze skin color. I remembered that my boss would be leaving today on a vacation so I thought maybe I was in the clear and would not have to give silly, untrue explanations but the man was here (why do people who are supposed to leave on vacation still go to work anyway? I will never understand that). And of course I was sitting there sporting my gorgeous tawny skin, looking certifiably un-sick. I told him that I had had a bad congestion yesterday and had gone to the beach to see if it helped clear my lungs. I coughed a bit, quite a bit as a matter of fact. Hope he bought it. I really do hate lying, but sometimes it has to be done, especially in cases where being able to meet your next mortgage payment is concerned.

Psycho babbling: Let me give you the scenario first. I have a cute boyfriend whom I've been dating for about a year. He is perfect: Mature, super-good-looking, sweet, considerate, funny, warm, sweet (it bears repeating). In short, we get along great, like doing the same things, and are having a wonderful time together. One little problem: There is not a single day that goes by that this wonderful man doesn't refer to one of his women-friends. As in: "Yes, I know that place, one of my women-friends recommended it to me a long time ago, and ..." Or: "One of my women-friends has a convertible like that, she loves it..." Who are these women-friends? Why don't I know them? I know his guy-friends, he knows all my girlfriends and I have very few guy-friends, mostly co-workers. Not people I mention all the time. Am I psycho? Should this not bother me? Other than this, he's perfect.

Sweet thing: My oldest son's girlfriend lives with us. It's a long explanation but basically she lived in the NW section of town and she wanted to attend the community college near our house. She asked me if she could stay here and I said yes. I said yes knowing that I'm creating a conflict of interest. Knowing that if they split up or argue or fight, I will be in the middle of everything which is where I don't want to be. I said yes knowing full well that I should have said No. Like the time I signed a contract to purchase an ex-boyfriend's motorcycle, but that's a different story. Anyway, she is a wonderful young woman, studies, works, really loves my son. She is very helpful around the house and is generally a pleasure. I hardly even see her as either we are both working or out of the house. Last night when I came back from the beach, she had left me a little note on my bed. She was working until 1am. I read the note, it said "Carmen, I bought a pair of shoes for you. I saw them at Ross and they looked like you so I got them for you. They are right in front of your closet." I looked and there were the cutest NineWest sandals that I have ever seen! Of course I tried them on and I'm wearing them today (You never know when that piano will fall on your head). That was such a sweet thing for her to do. Love that girl!






5 Comments:

At 6/16/2006 4:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I swear I left you a comment on this yesterday. It was something to do with how sweet your son's gf is and all that.

Where did it go?

 
At 6/16/2006 4:39 PM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

Pamela, I had Blogger trouble. Sounds nasty, don't it? I saw a comment there before but I couldn't open it. I am so confused! But I managed to fix it. My son's g/f is a very sweet girl and the shoes were beautiful! Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 6/17/2006 2:03 AM, Blogger Martha Craig said...

It is lovely to know you like your son's girlfriend. I'm already freaking out about being the mother-in-law, and my boys are only 1 and 3.

 
At 6/18/2006 9:02 PM, Blogger Janet said...

That shoe purchasing thing is a sweet thing to do. You should tell your son she's a keeper!:)

 
At 6/19/2006 9:52 AM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

Martha: My late ex-mother-in-law was a lovely woman. She always told me that she loved me from the first day we met! She was always sweet to me and I always said I would be like her to my daughters-in-law. BTW, my boys are two years apart too!

Janet: She truly is a keeper. Just the fact that she loves my son makes her special!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home