Suicide Blonde

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Observed in Traffic

Two observations:

1) Last Saturday I was picking up my mother from Weight Watchers. I was in her car, which has one of those handicapped stickers, because she is, well, handicapped. My mom walks with a walker and it takes her a long time to get from point A to point B. She was walking very slowly and I was in the car waiting for her to get in. A car drove up behind me and started honking. I took the handicapped sticker and waved it so the lady would see it, plus she could see my mother struggling to get to the car. The woman was mouthing stuff at me and kept honking her horn. I motioned for her to pass me since my mother was still not in the car. When she passed by me she flipped me the finger and I stared in disbelief at her. Then, after my mom settled in the car we left and caught up at the light with the woman who had flipped me off because my mom was not fast enough for her. On the back of the car was one of those stupid "Jesus is my Co-Pilot" bumper stickers! I don't believe that for one second.

2) This morning I was driving to work and a car came up beside me and cut me off to get in front of me at a red light. I was able to brake in time to not squash her rear bumper, shrugged and just wrote it off as another crazy woman quite possibly very late for work. As I waited at the light I saw that she had two articles hanging from her rear view mirror. One was a rosary with a huge cross. The second article was a set of handcuffs. Classy.

12 Comments:

At 3/21/2008 3:13 PM, Blogger tom909 said...

I love that girl who can have a jesus sticker and make obscene gestures. That's the way to go. Sod this ethically correct green and reasonable frame of mind I have inadvertantly slipped into over the years.

 
At 3/22/2008 1:11 PM, Blogger Zig said...

lovely! I wonder if I invested in a rosary and some handcuffs I would be able to get to work on time??

 
At 3/22/2008 1:21 PM, Blogger Zig said...

Carmy, I have just been back reading and I need to know if the bazooka drooling BF2 is back on the scene or whether an honest appraisal of his less than gentlemanly behaviour was too much for his frail male ego?!

There's having an appreciative look and even a mild flirt and then there's downright bad manners and this was the latter. He knew he'd done wrong or he would have spoken to you on the way home.

I hope he's sorry.

 
At 3/22/2008 5:56 PM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

If I could be GOD for one day I would gleefully waste most of it torturing all of those asshole drivers and sending them off to slowly roast in hell for eternity..


then at 11:59:59 I would obliterate Sickness, Disease, Poverty, Income Tax, Crooked Sideburns, Stretchmarks, and Death.

 
At 3/23/2008 6:18 PM, Blogger Kindness said...

The hypocrites that exist in this world! Seems you ran into a couple this week. Jeez... This world never ceases to amaze me.

 
At 3/24/2008 4:24 PM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

Tommy, I just hate those outwardly religious fareeks that in reality are sorely lacking in any compassion or spirituality. That's what gets my goat.

Ziggi, yes that would help you tremendously. People would just swerve out of your way and you'd be at work in no time!
No, BF is still MIA and I'm fine with that. W/E as my son would say.

Donn, I do hope you make GOD one day, I really do.

Hi Kindness, yep, they are out there in droves. I'm thinking of another post dealing with hipocrisy. I give up, how DO you spell that word?

 
At 3/25/2008 3:07 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

is this typical of Miami driving. . . (your good self being the exception, of course)

 
At 3/25/2008 2:47 PM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

Is"heart"tv, No, all Miamians are not the same, just the assholes drive like that! Thanks for dropping by!

 
At 3/26/2008 1:09 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

:-)

 
At 3/26/2008 4:25 PM, Blogger FirstNations said...

classaaaaaaaaaaaay. jesus would be so proud.

hypocrite: spelled i.g.n.o.r.a.n.t a.s.s.ho.l.e.

you are welcome.

 
At 3/26/2008 11:18 PM, Blogger Irene said...

Hi Carmenzta, you visited me, so I have come to visit you. I have read some of your older posts and enjoyed myself a lot. I will bookmark your page and come back every day to see what you have to offer. I still have to read your profile and find out more about you, but your posts speak for you the most, of course.

Hope you stop by mine again,

Ciao...

 
At 3/28/2008 11:10 PM, Blogger Irene said...

I never cease to be amazed at the weirdness of people, especially those who purport to be Christians. Do they forget what bumper stickers they have on their cars? Like those whose bumper stickers say "Honk if you love Jesus" and then get very mad if you do. The world in filled with insanity of the non classified cases.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home