Suicide Blonde

Friday, February 08, 2008

Friday Yet Again

Loyal readers, I thought you would all (all three of you) get a kick out of this picture. It is part of my face under the influence of three "Blanc Zinfandels." I plan to look like this again by 8 pm tonight. Luckily, I only drink to get buzzed, not drunk or anything like that. I think I was 18 or so when I figured that drinking till you pass out or puke your guts out is not really that much fun but to my amazement there are people my age (and older, alas) that have still not gotten to that advanced level of knowledge. But that is not what this post is about, this is just a rambling preamble.

So why was I gone all this time? I was gone because I only can blog at work. I have a computer at home that has so many viruses, and is so old and obsolete, that I can actually hear it sneezing and wheezing every now and then, so I can't blog there. My office has become, to my dismay, very busy and I have become (also to my dismay) very productive and hands on. Those days of sweet irresponsibility are gone because nowadays I have to work darn hard to get all my stuff done. Sigh. That is the price of success. Allow me to snicker self-deprecatingly at that last statement, but it sounded good.

Also, I need to keep this job in order to continue paying my rent and the long list of creditors that are lined up every month to get their share of my blood, sweat and tears. So if I get caught blogging, my throat would be slashed in a millisecond. Unless they liked my writing (said in a little, hopeful voice). This last thing is a very strong factor in my current blogging status.

So just lately I have found a little time off from my busy workday to come in and try to blog. The following is a weird analogy but blogging is a little like certain bodily functions on which I will not expound but let me just say that some days the words just flow and I type out paragraph after paragraph of what seems to me to be witty and insightful commentary but is probably just a whole buncha blabber. Other days, I have "writer's block" (as if I were anywhere near being a writer, but give me a little leeway here - no laughing), and I'm lucky if I squeeze out a paragraph or two of awkward and disorganized thoughts.

Do any of you go back and read your posts and think "Did I write that? What meds was I on that day?" or is it just me?

But be assured that I think of all of you and miss reading your posts. When I have a little time I will catch up on everything that has happened lo these long months of absence.

State of the Union

My two sons are fine, they are both in school and doing well. Several girlfriends have come and gone like unimportant chapters in a novel. Several incidents have also occurred then vanished into thin air. Luckily.

I have been just living my life and trying to make it better (sounds like a Stevie Wonder song). I am in a boyfriendful state right now with the boyfriend I met after my former boyfriend dumped me last year.

Bittersweetly, my old boyfriend tried to patch things up with me a few months ago and even took me to lunch and told me he missed "those days when we were together."

Then I asked him, "But don't you have a girlfriend? My friends have seen you with her."

To which he replied, "I can't lie to you. Yes, I do have a girlfriend and we moved in together last week." HUH?

So I said (keep up with this, it will eventually get interesting), "Wait, you are trying to get back to me when you just moved in with your girlfriend last week?" I thought I hadn't heard well, but my hearing is tip-top.

His reply was (and I kid you not) "I will be out of this relationship in two months time." Not only will I never, ever go back with this guy but I wouldn't even buy a used car from him.

Well, mes amis, I will leave you now and get back to so-called work for a while. I'm still here, and I'm well. Talk to you soon. My love and good wishes to all of you, and you know who you are...

7 Comments:

At 2/08/2008 3:40 PM, Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Excellent. Keep us posted every 4 months or so. We'll get by.
Just.

 
At 2/09/2008 7:19 AM, Blogger Zig said...

He's always first that Vicus isn't he? - I reckon he hangs around your blog, much like a stalker, - ready to pounce the minute you raise your head above the parapet - so glad you're busy, productive and all is well! Keep us posted every 4 months or so.
We'll get by.
Just.


(there must be an echo round here)

 
At 2/09/2008 8:23 AM, Blogger tom909 said...

Hi Sweet Carmy, you were away so long I even knocked you off my links list - now I suppose i'd better go back and re-instate you zzzzzzzzz..
Speak again in four months honeypie, xxx
PS, you can pick up a good secondhand computer for £100 Carmy, then you cab blog from home til your hreat's content.

 
At 2/11/2008 2:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Carmy!! As you can see, you've been missed by the gang. (Yes, we all know who we are) I'm sorry, but four months time is too long.

And sweet Tommy is right--get a little laptop or something so we can have more Carmy in our live!
Love ya girlie.

 
At 2/11/2008 4:02 PM, Blogger oldcrow61 said...

lol, you're old boyfriend is a nut, if you ask me. I wouldn't buy a used car from him either. Great blog, enjoyed it immensely. Will check in again...ahem...in four months, is it. lol.

 
At 2/11/2008 4:24 PM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

Vicus, I know you keep an eye on my blog because I'm nothing if not fascinating... Thank you!

Hey Ziggi! Hope married life is wonderful for you!

Tommy and Pammy: You two still an item? Let me know, I love gossip!

Hi OC! Thank you for stopping by, I will strive to post a little more frequently for those of you who need to read drivel on a daily basis! You will definitely find it here.

 
At 2/15/2008 3:15 PM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

Tommy, it's hard for me to get pounds or euros here in Miami in order to get my laptop. Ha ha. Anyway, you're right, I do need an inexpensive laptop. Working on it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home