Suicide Blonde

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Can't keep a good girl down


I am freshly back to the office after a very productive therapy session (cum ciggie) with my co-worker, twin soul-sistah S. Like every other human being on Earth, I have the capacity to suffer for a while, my stomach twisted into a knot, suffering nightmares every night, brain fried from asking myself "What did I do wrong?" or worse, "What could I have done differently?" I have tortured myself (and my loyal readers) for a few weeks now regarding the BF thing. But today it's a beautiful day out there... Really baby blue skies, with a few cotton-candy clouds, turkey vultures not anywhere in sight, the sun shining like a benevolent parent, a slight sea-smelling breeze blowing.

So, my point: Why keep suffering? Things will either be or not. People will either love you or not, or even hate you. You can't force people to want to be with you but neither can they impose their will on you. Life goes on, and really this is not going to continue being a problem for me. I won't let it. I have come to my limit of useless suffering and self-torture.

Yesterday, feeling very weak, unwanted and insignificant, I called my so-called BF twice. Once at around dinner time and then again at bedtime. During both calls he was very cordial and polite and subtly indicated to me that there was no interest on his part other than to have small talk. So, I gave up, I threw in the towel. He has my number and he has fingers to dial it if he so desires. But I cannot wait until he decides to call, because I am 52 for one more week and I need to have fun and live my life, just like anyone else.
I have been a good GF. I have loved him, really loved him. Helped him in any way I could, tried to be with him in good and in bad, gave him the benefit of the doubt always, stuck up for him, I did my best. I can at least feel a bit of pride in that. Then I can just go on. Breaking my usual routine, I will go to Happy Hour tonight with my sister and my friends and I know we will have fun. Good, clean fun.

Enjoy your day in your part of the world. Make sure you look at every little bird and every little flower and leaf and tree and cloud. Your problems will always be there (or may go away if you're lucky) but the beauty around us is our compensation for all the crap we have to go through. And it really does compensate!

20 Comments:

At 5/17/2007 6:17 PM, Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Thank you that was beautiful. I looked at every little bird and every little flower and leaf and tree and cloud. I didn't look where I was going and fell in the pond.

 
At 5/18/2007 9:43 AM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

Gosh, sorry, I forgot:

Disclaimer: This recommendation is not for those who are on medication, are prone to falling, are spastic, or are otherwise stability-challenged.

There, that should take care of that.

ysuvbqtx: A new tax proposal in the State of Florida in which people with SUV's will be retroactively taxed for causing the Greenhouse Effect among others.

 
At 5/18/2007 10:05 AM, Blogger Zig said...

you were obviously far too good for him - what a wanker (him!)

onwards and upwards dear Carmy and have a wonderful time tonight.

d'you Vicus has got himself out of the pond?

 
At 5/18/2007 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody get a net for Vicus.

You go, girl! This guarantees he'll fall for somebody who will put her Marlboro out in the middle of his forehead. He missed out.

 
At 5/18/2007 4:56 PM, Blogger FirstNations said...

way to go!
i am enjoying all the other stuff but i am kinda tired of my little birdies. would you like some greasy screaming tard-birds? no? me either.
*sigh.*

 
At 5/19/2007 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really think anyone can afford to feel disposable. It's simply not good for the psyche nor the for soul.

Why we try to convince peoplethat they really do love us, which is futile, I have no clue.

Anyway, no love here, but the stress has been off the charts, so it was a good day for your post.

Tweetie! Here Tweetie!

 
At 5/20/2007 8:48 PM, Blogger WithinWithout said...

Ugh, Carm. You are so beautiful. I'm sure he must have some redeeming qualities if you spent two years with him...

But he apparently has used them up.

You don't deserve him and he doesn't deserve you (sorry, I had to catch up or I would have suggested this before, if I haven't).

He's made his choice. He's an imbecile, it appears. Forget him if you can. Don't give him a sniff.

Or the time of day. Instead, make it a new day. And I can already tell you I'll never make it past your word verification thingy...

 
At 5/22/2007 3:29 PM, Blogger Kindness said...

You go Carmy! I am with First Nations on her comment to your last post. Go for that one who can dance! If nothing else... he can dance!

 
At 6/03/2007 11:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Carmy, I can only echo what others here have said. You are beautiful, you deserve better and he's a twit.

Ok, that was my comment. The twit thing, I mean.

Abrazos and besitos

 
At 6/05/2007 12:06 AM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

I would love to toss a few back and with my arms around you and your sister sing one of those cathartic top of your lungs songs just before closing time...

"Tomorrow, Tomorrow,
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!"

no no no something like

"Don't tell me what it's all about
`Cause I've been there and I'm glad I'm out
Out of those chains, those chains that bind you
That is why I'm here to remind you.

What do you get when you fall in love?
You only get lies and pain and sorrow
So, for at least, until tomorrow
I'll never fall in love again
Oh, I'll never fall in love again"

 
At 6/18/2007 2:37 AM, Blogger Zig said...

are you OK?!
x

 
At 6/23/2007 10:57 AM, Blogger WithinWithout said...

I'm with Ziggi (well, not really, but...oh, nevermind).

So are you? OK, I mean?

 
At 6/27/2007 1:45 PM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Please fire a flare into the blogosphere so that we all know that you're OK and that you are ignoring us because you are actually enjoying a real life in the RW.

 
At 6/30/2007 8:57 AM, Blogger Cherrypie said...

I'm looking out for flares, HE, but I'm not seeing any yet.

But hey, is that salsa music I hear in the distance? Faint laughter? the sound of chinking glasses. Carmy, Carmy, over here. Yoo hoo!

 
At 7/05/2007 1:51 PM, Blogger Zig said...

Flares? God are they back in fashion - bugger I thought it was back to skinny jeans.

Come on Carmy - tell us your news

 
At 7/06/2007 1:21 PM, Blogger WithinWithout said...

Wot's up, Carmy Baby? Have you written a note and shoved it in a bottle and thrown it into the Atlantic telling us you're alive?

And what are the chances it will travel up the U.S. river system to Manitoba so we'll know?

Hope all is all right.

 
At 7/14/2007 3:42 PM, Blogger WithinWithout said...

Mars to Florida. Mars to Florida.

Come in please.

Hugs.

 
At 8/03/2007 1:30 AM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

August 3rd. and still no sign.
I hope that your absence is due to good things preoccupying your time.

 
At 8/22/2007 7:17 PM, Blogger Robbiegirl said...

We miss you Carmy!

Hope you're okay.

 
At 9/16/2007 2:05 AM, Blogger Zig said...

????????????????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home