Suicide Blonde

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I'm too cool to blog



Ok, I'm NOT too cool to blog. I'm not to cool for anything for that matter. Never was, either. Not even in my young chick years. Which are, unfortunately, long gone.

I'm just very busy again and the paperwork and the whiny, demanding students have taken over my world and every surface on my desk (the paper, not the students). Therefore, for the time being I am forced to actually get stuff done around here, which is a bummer. Coffee consumption, personal hallway conversations with coworkers as well as hours spent blogging and sitting back in my chair with my feet up on the hard drive staring out the window are down considerably from just a week ago. Alarmingly so.

At left is a little quilt designed and stitched by a wonderful friend and coworker, Stacy. It is much nicer than this scan but I have to take it out of the frame to scan it properly and as you know, I'm kinda busy. It's entitled "Coffee Queen" and it's supposed to be me with a big grandma-sized cup o' coffee. If you look closely you can see the tendrils of the coffee aroma wafting up to my face. As you can see, my coworkers don't think much of my hairstyle or lack of it. The depiction, however, is quite accurate. The hair that is. But I love this quilt and my dear friend who made it. She is an artist, or better yet, an artiste. I always tell her that if I had her talent I'd be famous and more obnoxious than Donatella Versace, designing only for the stars and maybe royalty. Maybe. If I can stand having them around for fittings and such. And if they don't wear those silly little hats.


My friend makes quilts that are breathtakingly beautiful and poetic. It is hard for people like myself, cool yet untalented, to understand how a person like my friend gets her ideas, picks the different colors and prints of fabrics and then makes such incredible works of art! If you want to take a look, here's the link: http://stacywest.com/ You won't regret the trip.

But the REAL Coffee Queen is my friend Stacy, not me. She makes the best coffee and stocks up on those delicious and sinful creamers like Irish Cream and Hazelnut Vanilla, and what have you. She comes by my door every day with a huge smile and an offer of a cup o'java and her sweet friendship. She is a patient listener, a good friend, she gives the best advice ever, and when she doesn't know how to help she offers the best of the best: a big hug.

To all my loyal readers (and you know who you are, all three of you), Enjoy what's left of Wednesday. You are all in my heart and thoughts. I'll write something again when I get 5 minutes of peace at the office. And as my other good office buddy says: "Hasta" (Short for "Hasta la vista, Baby" but we're too lazy to say the whole thing.)!!!

15 Comments:

At 11/16/2006 3:11 PM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Bloody students..what a pain in the ass. It's always all about them isn't it? What about your needs?
It sounds like this job is starting to interfere with your spare time!

 
At 11/17/2006 3:06 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Hurrah!

 
At 11/17/2006 6:16 AM, Blogger Mark Gamon said...

Errrm. I know you think you're busy... But are you sure it's not just a side-effect of drinking your coffee out of a ten-gallon mug? :)

 
At 11/17/2006 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's art that says who we are. The only thing I'm afraid of is that in 10,000 years they're going to find the remnants of a Britney Spears video.

 
At 11/18/2006 7:16 PM, Blogger WithinWithout said...

So is your hair really spiky like that, Carm? I think we need to see an updated pic, then...

Glad to hear all's going well, girl.

 
At 11/19/2006 1:19 PM, Blogger Cherrypie said...

I hate it when work happens!

 
At 11/20/2006 4:25 AM, Blogger jromer said...

the next time you see her tell her i think she is incredibly talented. i'm glad you've got her around. she sounds great.

 
At 11/20/2006 5:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sending hugs your way, amigita.

 
At 11/21/2006 9:12 AM, Blogger tom909 said...

Carmy my babe, just remember about work, and this is the one good thing my stepfather used to say, 'it'll be there in the morning'.

 
At 11/22/2006 9:09 AM, Blogger Zig said...

How fantastic to be immortalised so artistically - she's truly talented your friend.
Work’s awful when it gets in the way isn’t it - know just what you mean! *Hugs*

 
At 11/27/2006 1:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Missing you Carmy.

 
At 11/29/2006 11:43 AM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Nov 15th!...HELLO!

 
At 11/29/2006 9:08 PM, Blogger Kindness said...

Come back soon dear Carmy!

 
At 12/06/2006 11:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Carmy....please come back, just to tell us that everything is all right with you, that your son is ok and that life is good. We miss you darlin'!

 
At 12/07/2006 11:04 AM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Carmenzta Bloggerenzta
March 2006 - November 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home