Suicide Blonde

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My Fave Blogs


This is the car that my son, Big D, will soon be driving if he doesn't improve his so-called driving skills. Actually, I fear for the poor horse.

Anyway, I haven't posted in a week. I've been tagged with a couple of subjects but I have not taken up the challenge. I have been a bit busy in the work environment, so I've been absent in the blog world. One moment, please, I have an important message coming in:

WUP!

Ok, now we can continue with our regularly scheduled post. For a few minutes anyway.

I was thinking that if I still hadn't figured out how to link other people's blogs here, I may as well write about my favorite bloggers and why I like them. Please note that these are NOT necessarily in order and that these are NOT the only bloggers I adore. But I have a time restraint, since a) I'm at the office and b) I would like to have a life:

1) First Nations: She cracks me up something terrible. I will be sitting at work trying to actually work and I will bust out laughing over something FN said in her blog. You really never know what she will come up with next. My favorite post of hers is "More Fun with George," written about one of her hubby's loser friends. Now, I have to admit that I have had and still have my fair share of loser friends and (of course) boyfriends. Well, not my present boyfriend. But I think that George epitomizes everything that is "loserly" about losers. For example, the crazy and unbelievable lies, the excuses for not being able to work, or to have a relationship, or to keep yourself clean, etc. My second favorite post is the one about the junkyard. Love ya, FN!!!! (wup)

2) Mr. Scurra: No one can take an inane, insignificant, uncomplicated subject and convert it into a complex, intelligent-sounding, pseudo-intellectual post, completely undecipherable by us "colonials," like Vic. What drew me immediately to his blog was his picture. Yes, he is old. Yes, he is unkempt. Yes, he needs to drag a comb through that thing usually known as "hair." And finally, yes, I am starting to become a pain in the butt. But he is unique. My favorite post is any of them, especially the ones where he mentions Mrs. Trellis. Where he truly shines, though, is on his brief and biting comments on other blogs. Brilliant, yet perplexing. Savvy, yet unfathomable. But he makes me laugh.

3) Ms. Pie: Cherrypie is the only person I know that has ever written a post about fungus growing in her house, which of course just drew me into her world. She likes birds, improv, perfumes (expensive ones, ok, not Jean Nate), and when we both retire and our sons are on their own we are backpacking through Europe and Cuba together with Pammy.

4) Ziggi: Ziggi is a witch, not a good one but a Very, Very good one. And when you click on her blog, you nevah evah know what she will be going on about. One week, she's entertaining you somewhat with her DIY chimney or whatever it is she's building by herself (while taking a nip every now and then, supposedly to celebrate someone's promotion), and next week she is advertising this electric contraption which she seems very happy about. She also had a hilarious post about a cross-dressing teacher candidate which had me in stitches for a few days.

5) Dave: For many months I would read Dave's posts and out of, say 5 or 6 paragraphs, I would understand (maybe, I may not really have understood) one or two concepts. It was difficult at first because to me, cricket is something that chirps outside your window and that makes you go crazy, screaming and swiping at your hair, if it comes anywhere near you. But, like a long and complicated novel (like Anna Karenina) that at first you don't understand, I am glad I kept reading. One of the things about his blog that I read all the time and it makes me laugh every single time is the short version of his profile. And whose X-ray is that? Homer Simpson's? With a kidney stone lodged in the middle of his brain? And his picture where he's dressed like a Jedi is priceless.

6) Fronty: I was immediately endeared to Fronty when he and I both had Possum Problems at the same time. Apparently, unlike my possum problem, his would run all over him at night while he slept. He lost several battles with them before he was able to regain mastery of his domain. Nobody turns a sentence like FE. He is brilliant, funny, sweet, completely unexpected and has a thoroughly enjoyable blog even though sometimes his taste in music is a bit weird. But you have to give him credit for those airplane models, what the heck are those? They look REAL!!!

7) Tommy: Tommy is a wonderful person, one of the first commenters ever on my blog. Intelligent, compassionate, passionate, mandal-wearing, country squire who also lives in Second Life. Well, we don't want to share him with Second Life, do we Pammy?

8) Pammy: Don't tell anyone, but Tommy and Pammy are an item and they usually meet in Commentland. Pammy is a great wife, mother, friend, blogger and she even speaks Spanish! She has adorable kids, dogs, cats and now kittens. Be careful of the cat, it whaled on her hubby one time.

9) WW and Homey: These two are NOT an item, and please don't say that they are, even tho Homey took a picture of WW's butt which is one of WW's posts (check it out, ladies, it's worth the travel). They are friends and they have been so since they were very young. WW is irreverent, funny, always sympathetic and understanding, has a Niiiiiiiice Butt, and plays great music on his blog. Homey on the other hand, although he is also funny and sympathetic as well as understanding (and who knows, he may have a nice butt too, but that is just conjecture), is the Voice of Reason. He knows how to dissect a problem and how to tackle it from different sides. I really like that. But I still need a picture to decide about his glutes.

10) Anna: She is a breath of fresh air. She writes beautifully, she works hard and has difficult people to work with (including the customers), she is an awesome friend, sister, and mommy to Bruiser, the cutest and most photogenic kitty in blogland. She makes me smile. And she DOES NOT look like Edward G. Robinson.

wup!

18 Comments:

At 10/18/2006 5:45 PM, Blogger Cherrypie said...

I wasn't expecting to see my name there. That's lovely, Carmentza, thank you. Now America is going to think I write about wet rot and timber treatment but it might make for some lively enquiries.

Big hugs xx

( Quick tip on adding Links - go to your template and scroll down until you see something that looks like a href... and then has Google News and Edit-Me. Replace the url with your chosen link address and then add a name at the end between the < >. It's easier than you might think).

 
At 10/18/2006 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always good to get some fresh reading material. Thanks!

 
At 10/19/2006 11:17 PM, Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Damn, Carmenzta, now I gotta let out my hatband a couple of inches >;^D>

 
At 10/20/2006 9:20 AM, Blogger jromer said...

omigod, i made the top ten! whoo! by the time i got to nine, i was frantic! and then i saw my name and calmed down...and then the cherry on the sundae, the not looking like ed g robinson!
god bless you woman!

 
At 10/20/2006 5:06 PM, Blogger FirstNations said...

*blushing*
*supermega blushing*

omg. XOO

 
At 10/20/2006 5:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

WHUP!

I actually said that outloud in the house last night for no apparent reason. Let's just hope that the finger painting portion of that woman's life doesn't follow on the heels of any 'whups' that are uttered, or we're all in huge, smelly trouble!

Carmy, amigita, eres wonderful! Thanks for putting me in the top ten. You're an amazing woman and I think of you and your son often.

Besitos! Whup!

 
At 10/21/2006 9:56 AM, Blogger Zig said...

hey lookee it's me - I'm so thrilled! You goegeous thing you, I shall have to open a bottle to celebrate XXX
ps I can't do the links and what's more I didn't really understand CP's explanation - what's a href??
- just cos she's a young thing and can understand this technowechnocrappo . . .

 
At 10/21/2006 1:30 PM, Blogger Zig said...

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Only 8 hours later and I have added LINKS - O Yay!
Thanks CP!
And thanks again Carmy for putting me in your list - I really am chuffed to bits X

 
At 10/22/2006 11:57 AM, Blogger Frontier Editor said...

And for the last time, I never said Anna looks like Edward G. Robinson. I only said that her good taste in the arts reflected E.G's.

See? See?

>B^D>

 
At 10/23/2006 12:37 AM, Blogger WithinWithout said...

Well thanks, Carmy!!! You might not like the music I'm currently playing, but it fit.

I'll work on getting a pic of HE's butt, 'cept he's not nearly as free n' easy as me and I'm not nearly as sneaky as him.

:)

 
At 10/23/2006 2:42 PM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

You are so sweet. Those are all lovely descriptions of some of the most entertaining bloggers in the world! My list would be almost identical but I would have Suicide Blonde on my list instead of Snippets of my Bony Ass.

For the record my butt is exquisite and fashionably dimpled to perfection although modesty, being relatively sober for a Monday and my goodladywife prevent me from providing about 20 Gigs of photographic evidence.

 
At 10/23/2006 3:36 PM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

You guys are the best! And Dyna, you will be on my "Son of My Fave Blogs Deux" list.

WW, I cannot comment on your blog anymore, I keep getting a message that the page has a virus???

Homey, I guess I'm going to have to take your word on that!

 
At 10/23/2006 8:19 PM, Blogger WithinWithout said...

Yeah I had a flu virus last week but it's gone now. Keep trying.

Are you serious?

The only virus I have that I can't eradicate is HE. He and his fat butt just keep comin' around.

Can't shake him.

 
At 10/25/2006 12:10 PM, Blogger FirstNations said...

see, i'm going around blogland today actually reading peoples profiles?

you aren't british.

thought i'd let you know.

 
At 10/26/2006 3:45 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Thank you, I think. Am I really that impenetrable to you colonials? Did I mention that I'm also single and available?

Yes, It is Homer's x-ray - in the original version the thing in the middle isn't a kidney stone, it's his brain.

 
At 10/26/2006 11:56 AM, Blogger Inconsequential said...

try here

blog help :)

 
At 10/26/2006 3:27 PM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

FN, Ok that came as a big surprise. Actually, I'm from Cuba so I KNOW I'm not British!

Dave, Oh yeah??? You need to take a little trip to Miami so we can take you to Casa Juancho for Happy Hour. I have many single and available friends that would loooooove to meet you. Also, that pebble is too big to be Homer's brain.

Incon, Thank you! And Welcome!

 
At 11/02/2006 10:15 AM, Blogger tom909 said...

Carmy, you sweetheart. I love you dearly and dancing with you on a Friday afternoon is way up there on my 'things to do' list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home