Suicide Blonde

Friday, September 01, 2006

To all my loyal readers - all three of you...



Yeah, I'm still here. Crazily trying to pick out a font color that will go with the eyeshadow... This one is way too turquoise but the program will not let me mix my own shades.

It's funny how little insignificant details keep us blessedly unfocused, distracted and unproductive... But who cares about that on a Friday morning? All that is needed is to make my presence known at work (albeit a bit late, but I made it), do stuff like this (blogging) until lunchtime, shuffle some papers around in the afternoon, maybe answer a few calls, put on my "concerned and busy" face when my supervisor passes by, and then...CONTENT HOUR!!!

On Wednesday night, I was working my four-hour part-time shift at a major department store and one of my co-workers put out a new sign-on sheet for the next morning. He wrote "THRUSDAY" on the top of it, and I said to myself "He hit the nail on the head, it should be called "Thrusday" because we must get through it to get to Friday." I loved it, and from now on it will always be Thrusday to me.

Sweet, wonderful, unproductive, social Friday! I look forward to it the entire week. It's the day when nothing gets done unless someone insists on making you do something, which is then strongly resented... In essence, my work ethic spans from Monday thru Thrusday full-steam and Friday is preparation for Content Hour.

More random and insignificant thoughts: Just like Blanche DuBois in "A Streetcar Named Desire" I'm always pleasantly surprised by the kindness of strangers. I think it takes a lot of courage, love, concern, empathy, and who knows what else to reach out to someone you don't know very well just to let them know that you are there for them. I admire such acts and usually they come from where you least expect them. At times, complete strangers are sweeter and more sympathetic and helpful than your closest friends. Some examples: A co-worker at my part-time employment overheard me talking to another about my son being deployed etc (you all know the details), and out of the blue she walked over to me and gave me a beautiful rosary that a friend had brought her from Venezuela. She had tears in her eyes and told me that she wanted me to have it to comfort me while my son was gone. I tried to say no because someone had given her that gift and she should keep it and she said no, that I should take care of it until my son came home, then I could give it back. I hugged and kissed her, she's an angel. Another sweet and wonderful blog friend, whom I've only talked to through comments, sent me an inspiring email of hope and faith that took me completely by surprise and has given me strength in the face of despair. Another co-worker, this one from my full-time job, added my son and his battalion to her prayer group at her church and sent me the bulletin where his name was mentioned. Other bloggers that I have met on here have been sweetly inquiring about my son and letting me know that they are there: Anna and Alternative Anna, Kat, Ziggi, WW, Pammy, Tommy, FE, HE, Cherrypie, my dear cabbage Vicus, and last, but not least, cute and flirty Markie!

My soft, squishy heart beats happier because of persons like this, who are not afraid to love, not afraid to feel and to express themselves. I want to be just like them!

Ok, enough teary-eyed sentimentality. On with life, on with Content Hour. My BF (in caps, ok?) is coming back from a week away in some convention in Orlando and I'm looking forward to having a couple of drinks and talking a LOT of crap with him, my sister, and my friends. Besides, it's my sister's birthday so we're celebrating that as well! As I've mentioned before she is scarcely a year younger than me but at our age that margin gets narrower and narrower, making us twins for all practical purposes. And she is a beautiful, wonderful, loving person so I would love to be her twin.

To all my loyal readers...Have a great weekend and I send you all besitos from the bottom of my half-century-plus-old squishy heart.

18 Comments:

At 9/01/2006 7:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Carmentza querida, te mando besitos y abrazos. Eres una persona bien especial y te agradesco por tu amistad.

Sabes que te tengo presente en mis oraciones y tu hijo tambien.

Cuidate y que tengas un buen fin de semana!

 
At 9/01/2006 7:16 PM, Blogger Cherrypie said...

You're doing a pretty good job of expressing yourself clearly, Carmentza.

I love how open you are, you paint a perfect picture of exactly how you are feeling.

Go enjoy your Ecstasy Hour with your sister ( Happy Birthday, byw) and your bloke. You know you're worth it xx

wrwrz - sound of Caremntza's engine revving up the closer it gets to 5pm on a Friday

 
At 9/02/2006 4:23 AM, Blogger jromer said...

there's an ALTERNATIVE anna? who knew? wait, is it moi?

yes, you are blessed to have these people around you but you are a blessing to them as well.

i love the kindness of strangers. i feel like god is talking to me when they show up.

 
At 9/03/2006 5:22 AM, Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Happy b'day Carmenzta, and tell your son to close ranks and make sure NOBODY crosses his formation till he gets home.
And next Friday - drink and extra rum for me. I need it bad >B^D>

 
At 9/03/2006 5:29 AM, Blogger Mark Gamon said...

You have a BF?

Damn. My life is over :)

 
At 9/03/2006 3:54 PM, Blogger Zig said...

Hope you had a fab weekend and all your news is good news xx

 
At 9/03/2006 4:15 PM, Blogger Robbiegirl said...

I'm the Alternative Anna, lol!

I think....

 
At 9/04/2006 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Carmen!

Happy Birthday, late! You had me LOL over Thrusday, ain't it the truth. Since we both work in academia our schedules are roughly the same. Fridays in the lab most people futz around until about 11 AM, coffee, whatever, they're called "elevenez" here, or whatever time they're at, then break for lunch till 2, then tea, then most are gone by 3:30. Unless something blew up and you have to take care of it. But I was amused by the fact that this was exactly the same as the lab I worked at in the States in academia. Some things never change...

 
At 9/04/2006 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also LOVE Mimi, and I miss that show!

We're all in this together, Carmen :-)

 
At 9/04/2006 5:48 PM, Blogger tom909 said...

Carmy, I was just going to say, good luck with happy hour and I hope you pull a really nice bloke, and then you said about your boyfriend. Shuks, and poor Mark's gutted.

 
At 9/04/2006 6:15 PM, Blogger WithinWithout said...

Hey Carmy Baby...

The turquoise was a little tough to take, but what the hell...

Glad to see you back and to see you in a good frame of mind and that all's well...

I'm confused tho...it's not YOUR birthday, right? It's sis's? You're not twins, are you? Duh.

Well anyway, if my pea-sized male brain missed something, salutations on the b-day and the BF (capital letters).

Regardless, all the best.

 
At 9/05/2006 12:26 AM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

I hope that you had a abfab weekend and that your sista had a glorious bday.
I love your new look..it is sooo retro.It takes a strong woman to wear industrial strength makeup like Tammy Baker. Good for you!

btw;Thursday is derived from the day named after the Norse god Thor and thanks to the Vikings raiding England for...oh boy I'm doing it again.
I like thrus-day too...it makes sense, especially after hump day.

 
At 9/06/2006 2:24 PM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

Pammy, mi amiga, que bien escribes el espaƱol! Debes ser muy inteligente! Gracias por tus oraciones.

Cherry, At our age it's difficult to achieve an Ecstasy Hour, especially after all that drinking :=}. The ol' engine ain't what it used to be.

Tommy, Markie has no reason to be gutted. I'm here for heaven's sake...

Anna and A.Anna, hey, guys! Meet each other! Anna, love the new picture, it is the cutest! A. Anna, my regards to Basil.

FE, I'll drink an extra rum for you anytime, my friend. And I did tell my son what you said.

Markie, Markie, I have a BF but he's a REAL PERSON, not a blogger like YOU... There's a difference. BTW when is your birthday, you cute little Virgo you???

Kat! Yes, academia is a gas, isn't it?

Ziggi, my weekend was fabulous and too bad it's over.

WW, I'll remember not to wear turquoise eye shadow around you! It wasn't my birthday, it was my sister's, who is also a sweet Virgo. But thank you for the good wishes.

HE, You can ALWAYS leave intelligent history and myth-laden explanations here, I love them! So then it should have been "Thorsday"?

Love yas all! I think I'm done here.

 
At 9/06/2006 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And btw, Carmen, one last thing. 50 is being called the new 30, so we're actually 31 and 32 respectively, ya know :-) They're calling 65 the new 45, which I'm willing to believe as well...

 
At 9/07/2006 7:34 PM, Blogger jromer said...

carmenzta, my email address is annarom3r@yahoo.com

write me and i'll tell you who ss is.

 
At 9/07/2006 8:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I bet I know who the ss is!! :grin:

 
At 9/11/2006 12:52 PM, Blogger Zig said...

I wish it was Thrusday - 1745 here and still at work - blah! :(
And working hard as you can see!

 
At 9/11/2006 8:52 PM, Blogger WithinWithout said...

"ss?"

Oh, never mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home