Suicide Blonde

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bogged Down with Work...Really!

I haven't posted for a while, I have been reading and lurking because I am so stressed out. When I am like this, I am not in a creative mood, I'm in a crappy-face, capuccino-drinking, blog-reading, feet-on-hard-drive, staring-out-the-window mood. Yeah, you may have guessed that I am not reacting to the stress by the getting-stuff-done-keeping-myself-busy method. Not at all. Am I bugging you? I don't mean to bug ya... (U2 at the Red Rocks concert, 'member?)

What is bugging me?

1) My older son's deployment and the fact that every time I talk to him he tells me to pray for him. Also the related fact that he is all the way around the world from us.That is my number one stressor.

2) My other son is doing well so far in college BUT I have to be after his butt insisting that he spend more time studying and less time with his bummy friends which are all sons of multi-millionaire parents, and who live in mansions, and who have way too much money and time on their hands as well as cars/games/electronic toys, not to mention being bratty and used to getting their way all the time. Those kids are not a good influence.

3) I have a lot of work. At my office, the paper is starting to cover every inch of surface area and even part of the floor. The last few students I saw had to stand by my desk because both chairs are full of stacks of stuff. All of this paper has to be dealt with before deadlines. Ok this part is normal, it's what we call crunch time here but this semester it's out of hand.

4) Our secretary, who is also my good friend, is on vacation. So not only do I miss her and our chatting and joking, but she's also the shield between me and a lot of people I don't have to see. Now I'm having to see everyone and answer their dumb questions. Plus I miss her, like I said.

Ok, so these are the main things that are keeping me awake at night. More than anything, Number 1. I can deal with 2 through 4. There are also mini-problems always hovering but I'm used to dealing with those as well and know how to ignore them while I go into REM. Maybe I'll go home and have a couple glasses of wine.

6 Comments:

At 7/20/2006 7:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Awwwww Carmenzta...If I was closer, I'd stop by to pick you up in a red convertible and have iced drinks ready for the drinking, with some really cute pool boys waiting for us at a nice, calm beach house where we would get massages, facials and our nails done by gorgeous guys.

::sigh:: Now I've depressed myself!

My thoughts are with you hon. And your son.

 
At 7/21/2006 10:27 AM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

Pammy, sounds great! Especially the cute pool guys. I must admit I have a weakness for them!

Thanks for the good thoughts.

 
At 7/21/2006 12:24 PM, Blogger Zig said...

Hang on in there! We don’t worry less as they got older do we? In fact it gets worse as well as different – I think it’s in the job description. Where is No 1 son deployed?

And as for work, don’t know about you but I do my best, fastest and most productive work just as that deadline is hanging over my neck – I just worry about it before hand and shuffle the papers, promise myself I’ll do some when I get home, log on to do just that, and then . . .ta da - I have found this to do in stead – so getting even less done!

So thinking of you here in (very, very hot and sunny [rain dance isn’t working either]) UK.

Oh, and Pammy, please will you save me a pool boy too? They sound just the thing – I have biggish pond will that do? I promise I won’t nip down to Devon.

 
At 7/21/2006 1:03 PM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

Ziggi,

I find that more and more, work is interfering with my distractions. Sigh.

I think by Friday, every hard-working mother has earned a pool boy or two, n'est ce pas?

 
At 7/21/2006 5:33 PM, Blogger WithinWithout said...

I'll be one of your pool boys!

I can even swim.

 
At 7/21/2006 5:36 PM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

WW, thank you!!! Actually swimming was not really a requirement but it's all good. We will take you.

Have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home