Suicide Blonde

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Would you buy a car from this woman?


My DL: I'm not selling any cars and I'm NOT an axe murderess, that I can tell you, but actually this DL picture was a huge improvement to the last one. My previous DL pic had a photo defect (it was too a defect) that made it seem like green slime was trickling out of the side of my mouth. So when I saw this one I heaved a big sigh of relief because even though I have the same look on my face that Lorena Bobbitt had on hers just before she did the famous deed, it's a lot better than the Transylvanian DL I had to show for many years. Oh yeah, and this picture was taken when I still blow-dried my hair in the morning. I haven't done that for years. I stopped caring if people didn't like frizzy hair.

So Kindness, what do you think, you thought your picture was awful? And if you stare at this picture and move around the room, my gaze will actually follow you. Very, very creepy.

Fence-sitting on the BF thing: I have come to realize that I have two types of friends. One category of friends believes that I am being pig-headed and stubborn (I tend to agree more with this type of friend) about the BF issue and that I am going to lose a good man with whom I was compatible for two years just because I am too proud to call him and try to talk things out. My second category of friends advises me that they will all stop talking to me if I call him because if I do I will be very simply allowing him to "punish" me further by being mean and unavailable if I do call him. And further, that if he had any interest in calling me he would have done so.


Oh wait! I forgot to mention that last Friday I saw my ex-boyfriend at Casa Juancho. He came in all casual and shit, my sister and I said hello and we exchanged some cold pleasantries with him and then he proceeded to stand behind me while I sat at the bar for an hour while he drank his drink. It kind of looked like this picture, which I found on Adam's blog:


For clarity's sake, I'm the gray cat sitting at the bar and he's the black & white cat behind me. Yes, we looked at each other like that. When he finished his drink he left and I went outside but he had gone. Then I did the stupidest thing which I had sworn to myself I wouldn't do: I called him. He answered with an acid and annoyed "HELLO?" and I asked him, "I just want to know if you have any interest in talking about this thing." To which he answered, "I already talked to you." So, dejectedly, I thanked him and hung up. There has been nothing from him since. I guess I can assume that he has no interest in our relationship. Right? Please feel free to go to the comments section and cast your vote. Thank you.




Mother's Day: To all you wonderful moms out there, I hope you have a great Mother's Day and that you get some nice, significant gifts, as you well deserve. I hope you get the perfume that you like, or the purse you've been saving for or a yummy and expensive brunch, with Mariachis playing in the background and two or three Mimosas parked right in front of your plate with a nice nap afterwards... You all deserve the very best on this day! My love to all of you.
I would love to stick around and continue talking about important subjects but I have to touch up make-up and nails before I head out to "Content Hour" (we ARE all in our fifties). Toodle-ooo!

9 Comments:

At 5/11/2007 5:13 PM, Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Hey! We like the surly look over here.
More importantly, you have been to Adam's blog. I do so admire people who carry out random acts of charity. I hope lots of people follow the link over there, and encourage the poor lad.
I see that you are unattached at the moment. It would be my best guess that Adam is as well. How does the Mrs Robinson thing sit with you? OK, he's a republican, has red hair, and the writing ability of a third grade ocelot, but it would gladden my heart to see him taken under the wing of a vivacious and mature woman. Let me know what you think.

 
At 5/11/2007 5:25 PM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

Vicus, no, I think not about the Adam and me thing. Liking and using someone's cute cat pictures is not the same as actually having something in common that will undoubtedly lead to a relationship. You're going to get more than a surly look if you keep it up (said in a sweet, feminine way)! Love ya!

 
At 5/12/2007 8:01 PM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Hi Loreena.
That cat picture was prrrfect. I owuld caption it What-evvv!?
Have a happy Muthaz Day Carmie!

 
At 5/13/2007 2:39 PM, Blogger FirstNations said...

wow! i have that same look on my DL! it's the 'after waiting for FOUR HOURS i fell asleep in the lobby on the uncomfortable plastic chair and you want me to SMILE?' look.
at least it was for me.

happy mothers day!
go out, be devastatingly gorgeous and snib the butthole boyfriend all up!

 
At 5/13/2007 2:40 PM, Blogger FirstNations said...

....that was supposed to be 'snub'.
you can snib him too. as long as you use an icepick and some aqua net hairspray to do it.

 
At 5/13/2007 11:09 PM, Blogger TiG said...

Grrrrrr! To ex-bf's who make a nuisance of themselves.

I got a new DL last year JUST for the picture, which improved my life substantially but then I moved to a new apartment and had to get another one, and wouldn't you know it but the camera fairy cursed me again. Bleh.

 
At 5/14/2007 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The DL pic is gorgeous, Carmenzta! Mine looks like I have an infected sinus on one side-which actually I did at the time. I didn't think it would end up looking like that...

You know where I stand on BF issue. But, it's tough, I know. Would you treat someone else the way he's treated you? I think I know the answer to that one.

 
At 5/15/2007 3:26 AM, Blogger tom909 said...

Hi Carmy, I came over to see the photo from hell and really really, it ain't that bad. Sorry to hear about the bf trouble. To be honest if someone fucks me about they're out the door, or I am (god I'm soooooo tough). You too nice for that shit.

 
At 5/15/2007 11:07 AM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

Vic, HE, FN, Kat and Tommy: Thank you for the unwavering support.

Shelley, welcome and yeah, those camera fairies are nothing if not evil.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home