Suicide Blonde

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

HOMECOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess who is coming back when from where?

My phone rang at 2 am last night. I was spending the night at my bf's house and I kind of fareeked because I (like any other red-blooded, not bad-looking, single, middle-aged momma) have several jerkmeister ex-boyfriends that pop up every now and then, get drunk, and call me at 2 am as if I hadn't sent them to Hell quite a few months back. I picked up the phone at the insistence of my groggy bf, and muttered a meek and mousy "Hello?"

"Mommy!" It was my Marine on the other line, clear as if he was standing next to me, my firstborn, my sweet son! He is on his way home, and his voice sounded relaxed and happy after many months of hearing fear and anguish in his voice. Only he knows what he has gone through, none of us will ever understand it, try as we might. He is 21 and he has been through a lot.

I will be gone for a week for his homecoming, driving 14 hours there and back, worth every single mile, just to see his face and put my arms around him again. I don't think I could be happier than this.

It has been my pleasure in the last few weeks to buy him underwear, socks, pants, t-shirts, a pair of ass-kicking boots no Marine should ever be without, whether on duty or not, sweaters, belts, and all kinds of toiletries for his homecoming. I even bought him his favorite cologne, the blue MAC cologne that we both love. My boy is coming home!

So, if you come by, leave a message. February will be a completely different month for me, I will come back much relieved and a lot happier. I will catch up on all the blog happenings as soon as I'm back. In the meantime, enjoy your families, enjoy your loved ones, let them know you love them, you are so lucky to have them next to you...

10 Comments:

At 2/01/2007 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES! YES! YES! I am soooooooo insanely happy for you and for him. YES!!!!!! Oh triple yes! xoxoxoxoxox

 
At 2/01/2007 10:23 AM, Blogger Zig said...

Oh Carmy - that's the best news!
YAY YAY YAY *****!!!!!""""""

 
At 2/01/2007 1:14 PM, Blogger Kindness said...

Oh Carmy! I am sooooooooooooo happy for you!

Semper Fi!!!!!!

 
At 2/02/2007 5:09 AM, Blogger jromer said...

oh congratulations, my dear! i am so happy for you! my god, what great news! joy! joy! joy! you must have perma-grin!

 
At 2/02/2007 5:11 AM, Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Wonderful

 
At 2/06/2007 10:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Does your face hurt from smiling so much yet??? I cannot imagine your bliss right now. What joy. Unbridled joy. I'm so very happy for you Carmy!!!!

 
At 2/07/2007 11:52 PM, Blogger WithinWithout said...

I wouldn't imagine there could be anything bigger, better or more beautiful for you and him.

Congratulations and best wishes and hugs, Carm.

 
At 2/08/2007 3:48 PM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

FANTASTIC!
Breathe Carmie breathe.
I am so happy for you.

 
At 2/11/2007 7:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just checking in to say hello m'dear.

 
At 2/12/2007 2:35 PM, Blogger Carmenzta said...

Hi y'all! I'm breathing here and sporting the biggest, goofiest-looking grin on my face!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home