Suicide Blonde

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Thing One and Thing Two

For those of you not totally sick of hearing me talk about my boyfriendic (or boyfriendal) situation, I have some news.

But before I go into my news item, I have to say that I find I enjoy reading blogs much more than posting them and to my great dismay (but also relief) I find that there truly are Masters of Blogging out there, so many of them. They are incredible and it just amazes me that so many people

1) Have much more interesting and profound things to post
2) Express their feelings, activities and what-have-you like 300 times better than I do
3) Understand things a whole lot better than I do
4) Post great pictures and diagrams (FN is the best for diagrams. Also for lengthy but totally necessary explanations)
5) Have cuter cats than I do
6) Are just better bloggers

No feelings of inadequacy here, just giving some credit where it's due. And also explaining my lack of posts since I spend far too much time reading other blogs and it leaves me very little time for writing. No criminal activity, right?

Anyhoo, BF1 is still playing his cute little game of calling me and insinuating that he is interested, even though he doesn't actually say so in so many words. He is still living with his girlfriend but bizarrely calls me or emails me every day. I patiently go along with his little game and in my mind I'm like "Whatever."

BF2, who had been lost (read: not calling) for three weeks, finally broke down and called me on Friday night. As many of you know, Friday night is Happy Hour night for me. Or Content Hour night for us old-timers for whom "Happy" may be way too much and risky to our health and wellbeing. Yes, people, he called me and was all pathetic and stuff, saying he missed me and did not want to lose me, etc. I am sure you're glad I'm sparing you all the details of this fascinating conversation. But for the hell of it, let me quote you some juicy parts:

BF2: Is my toothbrush still on your sink?

Me: (Stupidly) Yes.

BF2: I miss you and I don't want to lose you.

Me: I thought you had already lost me. It's been 3 weeks since I last saw you.

BF2: I'm sorry. (I have observed that BF's say this phrase when they have nothing else more intellectual or to-the-point).

Me: Have you been drinking?

BF2: Yes, I have.

At least he's honest about most things. And I am a sucker for apologetic guys who have been drinking and are all, well, "sorry."

So I told him we would talk about it the next day. The next day we sat outside on my porch and had a short but productive discussion which consisted of me telling him that the next time he bales out after a fight that I will never, so help me God, answer his calls and needless to say his toothbrush would be a goner. It also consisted of him nodding his head and looking sheepish. It worked, I gotta tell you.

Do any of you remember my post bemoaning the fact that men are incomprehensible and that they lack genetic material, etc? Well, I would have to say that I am also incomprehensible to myself, seeing as how he made me so mad but at the same time he is just irresistible with his little boy way of saying sorry and being so cute and sweet and stuff... I know, I'm pathetic too.

I have just one favor to ask you. Keep the comments civil.

19 Comments:

At 4/03/2008 9:52 AM, Blogger Zig said...

'CIVIL'

 
At 4/03/2008 11:27 AM, Blogger Irene said...

I am civilly calling them non-boyfriends.

 
At 4/04/2008 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's OK, sweetie. That's what we love about them, they can do that.

Kat

 
At 4/05/2008 1:59 AM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

My Dear Carmie,
You are such a catch why are you putting up with this crap?
Fish or cut bait fellas.
If BF1 will do that to his GF he'd do it to you and what has BF2 been up to for 3 weeks? Even rescue parties get called off after 3 weeks.
*taps foot

((ahem))"the fact that men are incomprehensible and that they lack genetic material"

'SOME' of them will try to get away with as much as you'll let them.

 
At 4/05/2008 11:46 AM, Blogger Joy Logan said...

Thanks for liking my blog and visiting! I am blog-less lately nuttin making me want to blog. Hope to get inspiration soon. I am spending most of my time looking at other blogs myself. You have a nice wordy blog I like it! I am too private for my own good.

 
At 4/06/2008 3:56 PM, Blogger FirstNations said...

at least now you know what to expect. in the meantime, cowgirl up!

 
At 4/19/2008 2:36 AM, Blogger Kindness said...

Someone left a comment on my facebook (oh I hate to admit to facebok BTW):

Men say: Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

Women can retort: It's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.

More posts Carmy! You don't bore us one iota.

 
At 5/07/2008 7:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Carmy darlin'....I agree with Donn. He's one smart guy with lots of excellent genetic material (or so goes the rumor)

You deserve SO much better.

And now I am left without anything to say but CIVIL, lest I be cast off from your blogdom forever.

Hugs darlin'. BIG hugs.

 
At 5/08/2008 1:17 AM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Now where did you go?
I thought that you were back?

 
At 5/13/2008 4:58 PM, Blogger Zig said...

HELLOOOOOOO!

 
At 5/15/2008 1:19 PM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

((RING))

((RING))

((RING))

Hello Carmie, it's the Middle of May. Time to put down whatever you're doing and come out and play.

 
At 5/30/2008 3:16 PM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Now it's almost JUNE!
sheeeeesh.

 
At 6/08/2008 2:18 PM, Blogger Zig said...

it is June

sheeeeeeesh

(what does sheeeeeesh mean - is it something to do with kebabs?)

 
At 6/11/2008 9:51 AM, Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

What Ziggi said.
And what Donn said.

 
At 7/25/2008 1:47 AM, Blogger Kindness said...

/me clears throat...

what vicus said

 
At 10/17/2008 9:43 AM, Blogger Zig said...

what kindness said

 
At 11/14/2008 11:33 PM, Blogger Kindness said...

Carmmmeeeeeeeeee! Come back... you make me haz a sad.

 
At 6/18/2009 7:29 AM, Blogger Zig said...

knock
knock
knock

WV kinkedum

you have to come back for that!

 
At 10/20/2009 9:01 AM, Blogger Zig said...

october . . .

):

 

Post a Comment

<< Home